Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tie Fa August 31



Yesterday Colette, Luz and I went on a bus adventure to the nearby city of Tie Fa. We got off the bus at the last stop which was directly across the road from an undercover market. The market at Tie Fa seemed much nicer than many of the other street markets at Tieling.

One of the first things Colette and I noticed was the delicious smells coming from the spice sellers stalls. I guess when the markets are outside the aroma is overpowered by so many other (often far less pleasant).


Once we walked through the market we discovered the shopping street which had lots of interesting shops (including one called Shate which made us laugh). Colette and I went on the usual hunt of 'Engrish' on clothing and found a few good shirts but nothing really grabbed me.

We stopped into another store which was full of thermal underwear and pyjamas getting ready for winter. After much searching the ladies in the store (with the translatory assistance of Luz) found me this fetching set of red XXL long johns. Now I'm warning those of you who already thought I was hot.... in my new thermals I'm completely irresistible!

(I didn't notice how messy my bench was until I saw this picture - you'll all be relieved to know that I've since tidied it up!)


After our shopping spree we went to find a place to eat lunch. On the way into town we noticed a 'Coffee House' which we decided to check out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home